06 April, 2011

Wednesday for Mommy

I am watching the time tick, and believe me it seems to tick faster than ever on Wednesday afternoons. You see Noah spends Wednesday afternoons with his abuelos (grandparents) while mommy does whatever she fancies for a few hours. It is a bittersweet feeling still, one which I must learn to appreciate and enjoy as I too am important and deserve some downtime. However, this is proving to be a hard concept to grasp now that I am a mommy.

I find that I spend the night before thinking about all I need to organize before sending little man off and worrying that I may forget something. Then, the thinking of whatever will I do starts, and a lot of sleep is not achieved even if Noah sleeps the night...such a pity! Today I thought of a million and one things I could do: cook, clean, blog, go to the post, call friends and family, go shopping, the list goes on and on. And I have to admit that at the moment I am sitting on the couch in my robe blogging with a cold beer and some peanut MnM's while listening to Jack Johnson.

I will return to the real world after I finish this entry and go enjoy the sunshine.

Here are some pictures of little man and his adventures!

Family lunch

Noah's new smile

Noah turns 9 months old and celebrates by devouring a yummy piece of Spanish bread with grandpa

3 comments:

carrie said...

comment 1: if I hear you talk about cleaning during your "you" time one more time... hahaha seriously! f-the housework! take a walk! get a massage! and 2: if you still can´t think of what you should do with your time, come babysit Cora for a few hours instead and I´LL head to the spa! :) hehehehe see you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Noah is awesome! (You are too). When will we see you?

Beth said...

Noah is so adorable. I can't wait to give him a snuggle.