Diego and I spent the past weekend celebrating our anniversary and my birthday in a beautiful village called Leukerbad. The village is known for its huge source of natural thermal waters and skiing. The Swiss Olympic team trains here and I imagine it is to take advanyage of the awesome outdoor thermal baths and their therapeutic benefits after a long hard day of training. Diego and I did no such training, but did thoroughly take advantage of the wonderful benefits of Leukerbad's thermal waters! Our hotel was located very close the famous Burgerbad baths, but seeing as our hotel had its own private baths we didn't have to go far for a relaxing dip. We had and indoor pool with all the proper jets, lights and underwater music. The outdoor pool was breathtaking and the sauna and hamman had their own outdoor bio pool to take the freezing plunge after sweating it all out. Diego said it was incredible, I stuck to the warm stuff!We enjoyed hot stone massages (a must for any of you who haven't had one) full body massages, a snowy morning, a beautiful walk around the village, an amazing night bath in the outdoor pool at sub degree temperatures and a wonderful 4 course dinner. It was hard to leave on Sunday morning but I think we really had the true Leukerbad experience.
On the way home on Sunday we stopped in Montreux and enjoyed a walk through the Christmas Market set up along the lake. It was quite packed and full of good smelling hot wine, sausages, traditional fondue and lots of little stands selling cute Christmas treats and presents.
It was a great weekend and we have decided that we will make this a yearly tradition!
2 comments:
OMG-I'm so jealous! The pictures look like pics out of a magazine....All I want to do is swim and soak in water to feel weightless these days. Unfortunately we haven't made the time yet. I would make this an annual trip as well-duh!!!
estais muy guapos los dos!!!!!
Post a Comment