08 August, 2007

To Home Sweet Homes


On September 13, 2002 I ventured away from my life in the beautiful rolling prairies of the northern Midwest to set off on what we call in Spanish a "corazonada", a whimsical action in which one follows their heart, and almost 5 years later here I sit in the beautiful place I now call home, Asturias, Spain. For those of you who have had the opportunity to visit and take in the breathtaking landscape of this quaintly located northern coastal city called Gijón you can see why this place and its people have captured my heart. However, it is not always easy and as many living abroad may tell you, one lives in an almost constant state of nostalgia, always yearning for that other place where they are not. Thankfully we have all of these wonderful tools that allow us to keep in touch and share many of life's precious moments with each other. And so I hope that I will be able to transmit and share with all of you through my writing and photographs the unexplainable sensation that having two homes has given me and my journey to bring them together be it here, there or somewhere in between.

No comments: